With the Russo-Ukrainian conflict escalating at a frightening rate, the European Union and the USA are working together to try and halt the blood-thirsty Imperial Bear that is Russia.
One would have hoped our illustrious Robert Abela would almost take the initiative himself to create a unified front, perhaps called Team Europe.
However, the Prime Minister, decided to send mixed messages instead:
1. First he called for diplomacy, instead of supporting calls for serious sanctions like other European leaders were doing.
2. Then he boasted about how serene Malta was while other EU countries bordering Ukraine had the misfortune of having to deal with refugees.
3. After that, like the great statesman he is, he thought it would be a good idea to emphasise that Malta’s economy would have no major impact – something his puppet master Joseph Muscat soon corrected when he pointed out that at the very least, electricity prices will see a huge spike.
4. The worst part is that while the Maltese joined their Ukrainian brothers and sisters to rightfully protest in front of the Russian Embassy in Malta, Robert Abela sent police the next day to tear down their banners and candles – just as his government did day-in-day-out at the Daphne Caruana Galizia memorial site.
5. But perhaps the most important thing Robert Abela failed to do is take a commitment to stop selling Maltese passports to Russian citizens, something PN leader Bernard Grech immediately called for.
So what is it about Robert Abela that made it so difficult for him to do the right thing? Could there be something at stake for our marionette we call Prime Minister?
Well, for starters, it’s worth remembering that while working flat out from Monday to Sunday on so many Planning Authority cases that he deserved €28,000 per month, Robert Abela was a passport salesman.
And he also happened to know Evgeny Filobokov, a Russian businessman involved in the transportation industry, who acquired a Maltese golden passport through the IIP program.
According to an FIAU report, Filobokov and two other Russians Irina Orlova and Viktor Vashkevich paid bribes totalling to €166,832 to Willerby Trade Inc., an offshore company directed by none other than Brian Tonna.
Tonna, of Nexia BT fame, was the official accountant of the corrupt operation run by Joseph Muscat, Keith Schembri and Konrad Mizzi, an operation that was exposed by journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia before she was killed in a car bomb.
So where does Robert fit in, in all of this?
On October 15th 2019, when Malta was going through one of its darkest period in history, with Joseph Muscat having already resigned disgracefully from Parliament, Robert Abela filed and signed a civil lawsuit on behalf of Evgeny Filobokov against Fort Cambridge Property Management Limited and others.
The case was a dispute which was of a purely civil nature – but it begs the question, what else did Robert Abela do for Evgeny Filobokov?
At the time, Robert Abela was wearing many hats.
He was a consultant to Joseph Muscat’s Cabinet, the main legal advisor of the Planning Authority, an MP, the main lawyer of a criminal gang, a property developer, and someone scheming in the back to try fulfil his father’s dream of becoming Prime Minister.
These are the questions we need to ask ourselves:
- How did Evgeny Filobokov get to Robert Abela at a time when he was consulting Joseph Muscat?
- For how long has he been a client of his? What is the relationship between Robert Abela and Brian Tonna, having a common client?
- For how long has Robert Abela known Evgeny Filobokov before, during and after the latter acquired a Maltese citizenship?
- Was it Brian Tonna or Keith Schembri responsible for introducing Filobokov with Robert?
The bottom line is that while the Ukrainian people together with their President are fighting to their last breath and their blood is flowing through the streets, Robert Abela is still slurping from the passport’s scheme gravy train, contrary to what Roberta Metsola, Bernard Grech and their dignified peers are proposing.
Robert can work all the weekends and post the “qrib in-nies” mantra all he wants, but this last week has proven clearly: he is a lover of regimes and dictatorships. Just look what he did with the Public Broadcasting Services…
Robert Abela is as thirsty for control as Muscat, if not worse.
Is he going to keep playing Rasputin with Putin the sadistic murderer?
In the next election, don’t let the leech suck your vote from you.
Vote him out.